Window & Door Maintenance & Cleaning
How do I Clean My Windows & Doors?
- Glass should not be cleaned when in the direct sunlight
- Take extra precaution when cleaning glass with coated surfaces
- Soaking with clean water helps loosen dirt and debris
- Only use approved cleaning solution
- Make sure to completely dry all cleaning solution from window frames, sealants and gaskets
- Never use any type of scrapers
- First remove screens from windows and place on flat, clean area
- If you need help figuring out how to remove the screens, The Infinity Owner's Manual has complete instructions for every product
- Use clean water to spray off any dust and debris
- Let screens completely dry before putting them back on the windows
- When removing and replacing door screens, always work from the exterior of the door
Cleaning Ultrex® Fiberglass
- Be sure to use an approved cleaning solution
- Place solution on a soft cloth and gently wipe the surface
- Use clean water to rinse
- Do not use extreme pressure or scrubbing
- Do not use solvents, paint thinner or other chemicals
- Polish and remove fingerprints from window and door hardware by using a clean, soft, damp cloth to
- Unless recommended by the hardware manufacturer, do not use household cleaners, window cleaning solutions, abrasive cleaners, bleaches, solvents, polishes, or other chemicals
- Do not strike hardware with keys, rings or other sharp objects
- PVD hardware finish provides more protection from fading and humidity, even in coastal areas
- Use a damp cloth soaked in warm water to clean the surface
- Wipe down with a dry cloth and allow the surface to completely dry
- Try cleaning with an approved cleaning solution if the surface has become soiled
- Use warm water to rinse off cleaning solution and let completely dry
- Never sand the surface
Routine care and maintenance can help your windows and doors last a lifetime.
- Inspect Weatherstrip - Weatherstrip is a resilient material designed to act as a barrier in the space between the sash and frame to reduce air and water infiltration.
- Examine Finish - Inspect your window or door's interior and exterior finish. The life of your product's finish can be extended by periodic cleaning.
- Monitor Exterior Caulking - Periodically clean your caulking to extend the life of your window or door's finish.
- Check Hardware Operation - Inspect all hardware (locks, opening mechanisms, etc.) to ensure smooth operation.
- Tighten Screws - Examine all exposed hardware screws and tighten if loose.
- Clean Moving Parts - Clean any sand, dirt or dust from door and window hinges, sills and tracks.